Keepsakes worth Keeping
How do you decide what keepsakes are worth keeping?
Many people struggle with how much of the past to keep, where to keep it, and how much is too much?
1) Allocate a keepsake spot. This could be a shelf, a box, a drawer, a chest or a closet. Pick the size based on how much room you can spare in your home.
2) Gather up all the keepsakes. Will they all fit in the space you’ve allocated? If not, you have two choices; allocate more space or remove some of the items.
3) Display some keepsakes. Items that are grouped and have enough space around them, are easy to view and enjoy.
4) Check the keepsakes importance. If you are keeping an item for someone else, maybe they can enjoy it now. If it’s an item for yourself, then decide why it’s important to you.
5) Pare it down. Would a picture of the item be enough? Can you pare down similar items? Can you release items have bad feelings or guilt associated with them? Can items be rotated for display seasonally? If someone gave you the item, they wouldn’t want it to cause clutter and stress.
Once your keepsakes fit your space, you’ll be able to enjoy them and take comfort in knowing that each item is special.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.